Aims and Goals
We encourage all children to become independent and collaborative learners. Through providing a carefully planned, enriching curriculum, each child will be able to develop personally, socially, emotionally, spiritually, physically, creatively and intellectually- enabling them to achieve their full potential.
At St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School and Nursery, we strive to:
- Provide a happy, safe, stimulating and challenging programme of learning and development for the children to experience as they begin their journey with us.
- Provide a broad, balanced, relevant and creative curriculum that will set in place firm foundations for further learning and development in Key Stage 1 and beyond and enable choice and decision-making, fostering independence and self-confidence.
- Use and value what each child can do, assessing their individual needs and helping each child to progress.
- Develop excellent relationships with parents and carers to build a strong partnership in supporting their children.
- Provide a caring and inclusive learning environment, which is sensitive to the requirements of the individual child including those who have additional needs.
The Early Years education we offer our children is based on the following principles:
- It builds on what our children already know and can do;
- It ensures that no child is excluded or disadvantaged;
- It offers a structure for learning that has a range of starting points, content that matches the needs of young children, and activities that provide opportunities for learning both indoors and outdoors;
- It provides a rich and stimulating environment;
- It acknowledges the importance of a full working partnership with parents and carers.