At St Joseph's, we believe that good physical and mental health plays a positive role in learning and development. Therefore we place a heavy importance on high-quality and engaging PE lessons in our curriculum and provide our pupils with a wide range of opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills. We also strongly believe that competition build character and helps to build values such as fairness and respect.
Aims The national curriculum for physical education aims to ensure that all pupils:
- develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- are physically active for sustained periods of time
- engage in competitive sports and activities
- lead healthy, active lives.
We are passionate about our pupils learning how our physical health and mental health are connected and how one impacts the other and therefore we ensure that wellbeing remains at the centre of our learning and teaching.
Pupils are provided with a range of opportunities to play in team and individual sport through:
- Intra-School Competition
- Inter-School Competition at local competitions
- Extra-curricular clubs before and after school